Saturday, January 13, 2018

Happy Hour @ Shinmapo Korean BBQ, KL

Shinmapo is fast becoming my favorite restaurant in The Gardens Mall. Last year, I went there and had Korean BBQ on my birthday and then when my brother was back for his holidays, we went there again!

During the last visit, we saw that they do a Happy Hour promotion on weekdays from 3pm-5pm (public holidays excluded), whereby for every 2 plates of meat, you get one FREE! (*from a selected menu) ... That's my kind of Happy Hour for sure!

So on Boxing Day, our whole family gathered for a Korean BBQ feast! If you're a meat lover, you should definitely check this out. We ordered 2 plates of pork neck, 2 pork belly, 1 beef belly and 1 pork skirt. As always, the meat is nicely grilled so they're juicy and tender with nice caramelisation. My favorite is the pork neck which has that melt-in-the-mouth texture. We enjoyed the meats with unlimited refills of ban chan - they now offer eight types of ban chan and salad. For Happy Hour, you will also receive unlimited refills of tea (usually RM3 per person), so its definitely a good deal.



Happy Hour Menu (available Mon-Fri only 3-5pm)


They use charcoal here to grill your meats, which makes a huge difference


Ban chan (our favorites are the kimchi and chives kimchi)



Beef belly... tried this for the first time.. 


Not bad but not my favorite


Now... pork neck... that's my favorite! I could just have this all day.


The marinated pork skirt is awesome too, BabySumoKids favorite!



Pork belly... thick cut





The meat was so good, that we ended up ordering 3 more plates of meat (2 pork neck and 1 pork skirt). Indeed, it was two of our happiest hours that day ;)



Opening times: Mon-Sun 11am to 11pm.

Total bill RM201.70 for 5 adults 2 kids (ordered 9 plates, paid for 6 during Happy Hour promotion).

Location: Shinmapo Korean BBQ Restaurant, 3rd Floor, Lot T-216D, The Gardens Mall, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tel: +60 3 2201 3252

Website: https://www.facebook.com/shinmapomy/



If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates. Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. I love how generous they are with the lettuce, great for wrapping the grilled pork belly to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I like, a whole table full of banchan! I am craving for Korean BBQ again :)

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...